Sometimes without knowing it we begin to adopt inappropriate postures in our physical appearance, especially affecting our health, many times it is due to bad habits acquired from childhood, other times it can be the cause of fatigue or long hours in the same position. Whatever the cause, it is very important to make this body posture conscious and avoid continuing with it as much as possible.
Poor posture significantly affects health and dealing with its consequences can be exhausting and painful, not to mention the physical effects that result from prolonged periods in inappropriate positions.
But what is body posture?
It is simply the way you maintain or support your body, both when you are in a certain place, and when you are in motion, benefiting or damaging your quality of life.
Some health consequences are:
- Low back pain
- Pain in the central back area
- Pain in the shoulders
- Pain in the neck
- Pain in bones and muscles
- Loss of balance
- Pain in the joints
- Difficulty in breathing
- Digestive problems among others …
As you can see, there are many health problems that poor posture can trigger, it can lead to physical and functional disorders, making our day to day a constant pain and discomfort in general.
As I mentioned before, at the health level there are many problems that poor posture generates, now, at the physical and emotional level there are also many consequences, we are going to mention some.
- Bulging belly
- Hunchback Appearance
- Walking with difficulty
- Neck deformations
- Deformations in the spine
- Low self-esteem
- Appears disrespectful or disinterested
- Affects people’s productivity
How do I make my physical posture conscious?
To determine whether or not we have a bad physical posture, it is important to become aware of our own body, also to evaluate our daily work, if I remain most of the time sitting or standing, to identify the appropriate posture in these spaces of the day that are in the same position.
If there are recurring pain or physical discomfort, we must begin by evaluating its cause, although there are an infinity of them, you can start by thinking about your position at work or in your daily routines. If these pains persist, it is best to visit a specialist.
However, I am going to mention some recommendations to improve your posture.
- When you walk, always keep your head up, looking straight ahead and your neck upright
- At bedtime, it is advisable to do it with your legs gathered in a fetal position, avoid very high pillows or sleep without them, this should be aligned to your head, neck and shoulders. There are many on the market specialized in good sleep.
- Always keep your back straight, shoulders back and abdomen contracted, remember that the abdominal muscles are the ones that help stabilize the body. We recommend using a girdle, since they allow you to maintain a correct posture, flatten the abdomen and give harmony to your body, at Shapersuk we provide you with complete advice.
Finally, remember that the body speaks for us, you should try to take care of your appearance and show the best you have